To complete the application for USTC "CAS-TWAS President's Fellowship Programme", please make sure you finish each of the following steps as required and before the specific time.
No need for getting acceptance letter from supervisors first. Just complete your
fellowship application (Step 2) and admission application (Step 3) and USTC will
help to send your file to professors in relating fields (only if your online
application for both Step 2 and Step 3 is complete).
In order to successfully apply for the CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship, applicants are
requested to follow a few key steps that are indicated below:
1. CHECK ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
You should verify that you are eligible and meet ALL the eligibility criteria specified
in the “General conditions for applicants” section of this call (e.g. age, master
2. FILE YOUR FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION VIA THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM OF CAS-TWAS PRESIDENT’S FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME.
A. Visit our official website for the fellowship online application system.
Create your own account, and follow the instructions to finish the online application form.
B. Prepare and upload the following supporting documentation to the fellowship online
• Your regular passport which has at least 2 years validity (only pages showing
personal and validity details are needed);
• Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
• Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held (both undergraduate
and postgraduate; graduates having just completed or about to complete their degree
should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status
and stating the expected graduation date);
• Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
• Original copy of transcripts of both undergraduate and post-graduate education;
• Detailed research proposal;
• Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published
• Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 1)
C. Acquire TWO reference letters:
You must ask two referees (NOT the host supervisor, preferably TWAS members, but not a
mandatory requirement) familiar with you and your work to
1) upload their scanned reference letters (signed, dated and on official headed paper
with contact phone number and email address) to the fellowship online application system and
2) send the original hard copies to the UCAS/USTC fellowship office before deadline.
Reference letters in the body of e-mails will NOT be accepted! TWAS will not provide
any information e.g. e-mail addresses of TWAS members or liaise with TWAS members on
behalf of applicants.
1. All the above supporting documentation must be in English or Chinese, otherwise
notarial translations in English or Chinese are required.
2. Make sure the electronic version of supporting documentation is in the right format
as requested for the online application system.
3. If you are awarded the fellowship and are admitted by UCAS/USTC, you MUST present
the original hardcopy of your university certificates (both undergraduate and
postgraduate), transcripts AND regular passport to UCAS/USTC fellowship office upon your
arrival in China, otherwise you will be disqualified.
4. Your application documentation will not be returned whether awarded or not.
3. SUBMIT YOUR ADMISSION APPLICATION VIA THE ONLINE SYSTEM OF UCAS/USTC:
• For admission application to USTC, you MUST also submit your information and
required documents via USTC online system following its instruction (The system will
be officially launched around 1 December 2018).
Deadline for submitting all material and applications:
31 MARCH 2019
About Supervisor’s Comment Page:
You will get a Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by USTC Professor from host supervisor and upload that on the online application system of USTC. That is enough! No need for sending the original page to the office.
About finding supervisor：
If you fail to find a supervisor for accepting you by yourself, please first complete your fellowship application (Step 2) and admission application (Step 3) and USTC will help to send your file to professors in relating fields. You will be informed about the further result through email.
Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by USTC Professor .