Interdisciplinary Program of Management and Information Engineering
Software engineering is an evolving discipline which aims to build and maintain effective and practical high-quality software using engineering methods. Since information technology leads to the rapid development in Internet, cloud computing, big data, and artificial intelligence, there is an increasing demand for talents in this field.
years (1 year for course study+ 1 year for internship and thesis)
Annual Tuition: 30,000 RMB
Start Date: September 2020
Application Requirements: Bachelor's degree in science and
recommendation letters; English proficiency certificate
School/Department: School of Software Engineering of USTC
Qualification: Master Degree of Engineering in Software Engineering Conferred by USTC
I. Required Courses (9 credits, 1 from each category)
· Discrete Mathematics / Formal Methods
· Algorithms Design and Analysis/Practical Optimization Algorithm Design
· Advanced Software Engineering / Compiling Engineering
II. Elective Courses (14 credits, at least 2 from each category)
· Information Theory and Coding, Distributed and Parallel System, Multimedia Systems and Applications, Wireless Sensor Network, Linux Operating System, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining
· Machine Learning, Distributed and Cloud Computing, Internet of Things Technologies, Intelligent Robotics Technologies, Blockchain Technologies, Innovation Management Project, Information Industry Analysis, IT Service Management, Secure Web Programming
III. Thesis (7 credits)
Position and Salary of Previous Graduates
Students find jobs in top IT or IT related Companies as well as other industry such as finance with annual salaries ranging from 300,000 RMB to 600,000 RMB. Students studying abroad due to joint programs also get great salaries from top companies such as Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, and NVIDIA.
International Joint-program and Internship Bases
Students who meet the requirements can involve into joint-program collaborating with Clemson University in U.S., Skema Business Schhol in France and Hosei University in Japan, and obtain double degree. We also set up internship bases or other kinds of cooperation with a list of over 60 IT or IT related companies. The list includes Intel, IBM, Bosch, Siemens, Huawei, Tencent, Alibaba, and USTC iFlytek.
Ms. Binbin Zhao
Tel: 886- 512-68839305